Product name: L-Ascorbic Acid
Other name: L(+)-Ascorbic acid; L-Ascorbic acid（C); (R)-5-((S)-1,2-Dihydroxyethyl)-3,4-dihydroxyfuran-2(5H)-one; L(+)-Ascorbic acid; L-Threoascorbic acid,Antiscorbutic factor,Vitamin C; L-Ascorbic acid;
Appearance: White crystals
Wuhan port sails
L-Ascorbic Acid, known as antioxidant Vitamin C 50-81-7 is a white or slightly yellow crystals or powder, a little acid. M.P. 190°C-192°C, easily soluble in water, a little soluble in alcohol and uneasily soluble in ether and chloroform and other organic solvent. In solid state it is stable in air. Its water solution is easily mutated when it meets with air.
|Appearance||White or almost white crystal or crystalline powder|
|Melting point||191 °c ~ 192°c|
|Ph (5%, w/v)||2.2 ~ 2.5|
|Ph (2%,w/v)||2.4 ~ 2.8|
|Specific optical rotation||+20.5° ~ +21.5°|
|Clarity of solution||Clear|
|Assay (as c 6h 8o6, %)||99.0 ~ 100.5|
|Loss on drying||≤0.1%|
|Sulphated ash||≤ 0.1%|
|Residual solvents (as methanol)||≤ 500 mg/kg|
|Total plate count (cfu/g)||≤ 1000|
|Yeasts & molds (cfu/g)||≤ 100|
|Staphylococcus aureus/ 25g||Absence|
- Keep food, fruits and beverage fresh and prevent them from producing unpleasant smell.
- Prevent formation of nitrous amine from nitrous acid in meat products.
- Improve dough quality and make baked food expand to its maximum.
- Compensate the Vitamin C losses of beverage, fruits and vegetables during processing procedures.
- Used as nutritional element in additives, feed additives.