White formless powder, relative density 4.50 g/cm³(15℃), melting point 1580℃. No taste and no poisonous. Acid and alkali-resistant, Moh’s hardness(3-3.5), can absorb X-ray and other dangerous radiation.
- Precipitated Barium Sulfate is widely use as raw material and filler of powder coating, used in many types of paintings, including vessel priming paint, armament equipment paint, finishing coat, automobile paint, emulsion paint, architectural coating.
- Partly instead titanium dioxide, broadly use in tire rubber, insulated rubber, rubber hose, slab rubber, plastic, printing ink.
- Filling of battery.
- Surface coating of photographic paper and enameled paper, sizing agent of textile industry.
- Clarifying agent of glass products, defoaming and increase luster.
- Protective material from ray(X-ray).